The article explains the steps required to prepare for interfacing records from Sabre to Trams Back Office.
Step 1: Contact the Sabre Help Desk
Contact the Sabre help desk to verify the following information. Tres support cannot configure Sabre GDS for interface. To reach Sabre Support, log into https://central.sabre.com and open a ticket.
- Option 6 has been assigned for interface in Sabre
- A mini TA has been assigned for interface.
- Sabre Printing Module (SJPM) has been installed and configured
Once the Sabre Printing Module has been configured. You will need to make note of the directory path (in the Sabre Printing Module) it will be important for configuring the Trams Back Office interface download screen (default is C:\ Sabre\Apps\OADP\output).
- Request the Sabre help desk confirm the following TJR options are turned on or set to “Yes”
- Refund and Discount Accounting Lines
- Interface itinerary
- Voids (Note: Be sure “enhanced voids” is set to N or disabled)
- Interface IUR Credit Card Masking - Set to Never
- Non Interactive Electronic Air ticketing (NIET)
- Request the Sabre help desk ensure that the user’s EPR includes the MINOPR keyword. The Sabre user’s EPR must have this keyword to perform the DX commands required for interfacing.
In Sabre, type W/TA*PCC and enter (PCC=pseudo city code), to view the current TJR options.
MiniTA Address (LNIATADA): _________________________________
SJPM Computer/Workstation: _________________________________
SJPM File Path (default is C:\Sabre\Apps\OADP\output): _________________________________
Sabre user(s) with MINOPR keyword: _________________________________
Step 2: Contact Tres Support to schedule an interface appointment
Once the above information is confirmed, please email email@example.com to schedule an interface appointment.
Step 3: Complete Before scheduled interface appointment
Prior to an interface appointment, please do the following:
- The SABRE Interface Record transmitted to the Trams system gets its information from the PNRs you create. How information is entered into the PNR is directly related to Trams success in translating the information. The following links contain the formats that are needed in Sabre to interface information into Trams Back Office. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Your agency's users will need to know the proper formats to enter in Sabre.
- Issue invoices to create interface records.
- If you have not been trained on building PNR’s and issuing tickets and invoices in Sabre, please contact your Sabre Representative for training assistance.
- You or someone in your office must be familiar with Sabre GDS and available on the appointment date
- The Tres Technologies support desk will not offer Galileo system training.
- Confirm that interface records are on pos Q2. To check the status, enter DX STATUS in Sabre. An example of the Sabre DX Status screen is below.
EXP POS Queue 741E1A
Q0 on hold
Q1 0 on hold
Q2 33 on hold