This article is to help you through the steps of creating your Tres Initial sync out (ISO) in preparation of the ClientBase Online move from Sabre to the Tres servers.
Before you begin
You will be running a routine that that will “synch out” your database, making a backup of your database and moving that copy to the Tres servers. The routine will also set up a task to send any changes you make locally to the Tres servers to keep data current.
Part of this “Synch out” is making a copy of your database on your computer/server. Prior to starting the routine, we will check to make sure your server has enough space for this database copy to be temporarily located. We will also check that your database is not “EUA Enabled” which is an extra security layer that would prohibit our routine.
Lastly, to run this routine you will need your Window login handy.
Step 1: Check the amount of Free disk space on your computer
You should have at least twice the size of your database or more in free disk space.
- Use file explorer to locate the drive that houses your ClientBase database
- Right mouse click and select "Properties" to view the amount of Used and Free disk space on this drive. The free space should be at lease 2 times the size of your current ClientBase database. Please contact us if you do not have the free space needed to review your options by using the red support button at the bottom right side of this screen and select "Get in Touch".
- Below is an example of what your screen might look like. In this example, the used space is 279 GB and available is 181 GB. If your Trams.ib file is larger than 90GB you would not have enough space to do a temporary, local backup.
Step 2: Check if your database is EUA enabled. In ClientBase Windows go to your Help menu and select About ClientBase. Check the line that says EUA enabled. If that say yes, please contact us by using the red support button at the bottom right side of the screen and select "Get in Touch".
Step 3: Create your sync file
You will be performing the sync from the server that houses your current scheduled sync task. Before you start please remember to have the Windows login handy for this server. This login should have admin rights and is needed to build the Sync task to the Tres server.
- From your Start menu select the Trams program group click the ClientBase Synchronization to run the ClientBase Synchronization utility to verify latest version 4.12.00.001.
- If not running this version, login into ClientBase Windows directly from the Sync server to upgrade CBPSync.exe program file.
- If auto-update doesn’t prompt the new CBPSync version,, click here to download the new ClientBase Synchronization utility version 4.12 and access the Tres Initial Sync out Wizard. Copy the downloaded file to the directory where your Cbpsync.exe currently exists and overwrite the exiting file when prompted. The default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Trams\CBPlus
NOTE: In Google Chrome the downloaded CBPSync.exe file should be available to run from the bottom task bar of the browser window, while in Microsoft Edge the Downloads window should display on the top right corner of the window.
If at anytime during this process you have any questions or issues please use the red support button at the bottom right side of the screen and select "Get in Touch" to reach Sync support.
First Log in on the Tres Server
Once this routine is complete. There will be a short set up on our side. Within a couple of hours you will be able to access your database from a new login page https://clientbaseonline.trams.com/login/ . For your first connection to CBO on the Tres side, you will need to generate a brand-new password via the Forgot My Login Name/Password link from the login page.
Agencies that are invoicing though CBO
If you are invoicing out of your CBO database you will have to set up a new next invoice number for any invoicing branch. Log in with a Manager User and go to Tools/Agency Settings. Go to Branch settings, click on the appropriate branch and enter the next sales invoice number and next refund invoice number.