Direct Connect is still in testing and may not be available to all users.
One of the most exciting features in Tres is Direct Connect. Save time and improve efficiency by importing reservation details directly into Tres via a browser extension that can be downloaded.
Note: The direct connect extension is not currently available in Safari. It will be available in future versions of the program.
Installing The Direct Connect Extension
Follow the steps below to install Direct Connect in your browser.
1. Open your preferred browser (Chrome or Edge) to download the Tres Direct Connect extension. Use these links for Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. We are using Google Chrome for this example, but the process is similar for most major browsers.
2. Click Add to Chrome (or Get in Edge) and then Add extension in the popup to download the extension to your browser.
3. To mange or remove the extension, click the extension icon. It looks like a puzzle piece :
4. Pin the extension to your browser window by clicking the Extension button and selecting the icon next to the Tres Direct Connect extension.
Click the pin icon when pinning an extension in Chrome:
Click the eye icon when pinning an extension in Edge:
Using Direct Connect
1. Click on the extension icon and activate with your Tres login credentials.
2. After you have made a booking with one of our direct connect suppliers, you can import those reservations into Tres without leaving their website by clicking the extension icon and selecting Find Reservations.
3. Enter in your trip reference, this can be your reservation confirmation number or any reference to help pick the reservation out of a list of imported records up to 20 characters. Click Send Reservation to Tres.
4. Login to Tres and create a new trip or open an existing trip that this new reservation is a part of. Under the Reservations sub folder click Import Reservations.
5. This will generate a pop up displaying all reservations imported into your system that have not been associated with a trip. Check off the box next to the correct reservation and click Add Reservations To Trip.
6. Review the reservation details and then click Save Reservation to Trip.
7. If the supplier is not matched to an existing supplier profile, click the Imported Supplier data link to see the supplier name, then click the Select Supplier drop down and search for the supplier or Add new Supplier if they are not in your database.
8. Click Save Reservation to Trip and Save All to close the Trip.