As you likely know, Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL) that went into effect July 1, 2014 had a 3 year phase in period during which you could email your legacy client list under implied consent permission. That transition period ends July 1, 2017 and you must obtain Expressed Consent permission to email those clients who last interacted with you more than 18 months ago. Any email addresses that are not Express Consent will not be included in any TLN consumer emails after June 30, 2017.
ClienBase is offering some last chance tools to you as outlined below:
- Sending Requests for Consent - Starting June 16th the Express Email Consent Letter will be included in your calendar for weekly automatic sending to your clients o The letter includes a link for giving consent.
- When the link is clicked a ClientBase mailer record will be created including the date and time stamp
- The emails will go to all Client's primary email addresses with marketing permission checked that do not have a Mailer record with the subject Promo Click:: Express Consent or Express Consent Received.
- Should you receive email consent directly to your email we suggest you manually create a Mailer record in the customer's Profile and copy the details into the Mailer or attach them to the Profile.
- We also like to remind you of the recommended Global Default Settings (Global Defaults|Profile Defaults|Communication Defaults) so that the default for new email communications is set to "Not Allow Marketing Permission (unchecked)".
- On June 30th, we suggest removing Marketing Permission for profiles that you have not received Express consent:
- Run a query for all profiles with no mailer record with the Subject "Promo Click:: Express Consent" or "Express Consent Received"
- Use Global Modify to remove the Marketing Permission from the email addresses in these
If you have any questions please email us at Support@TresTechnologies.com .