Using ClientBase Windows to create a simple invoice
- For every invoice interaction, find the client profile using the simple search area in ClientBase Windows, put in 4 or 5 letters of the client’s last name and see if name is in database.
- If no profile exists, create a new one. Do this by clicking on the 2 heads in toolbar and clicking Leisure.
- Edit or Enter Name, Address. If your agency has Trams Back Office, you need to have an interface ID as well.
- Click “Communications” tab and edit or enter phone and email address.
- Click the Travelers tab and ensure everyone going on the trip and appearing on the invoice is entered. Add or Search to link a traveler if necessary. You only need to enter the Legal First Name/Legal Middle Name/Legal Last Name to start. BIRTHDAYS and PASSPORT #’s go here!
- Click the Cards tab and make sure any credit card or Frequent Flyer card being used is entered with proper expiration dates (last day of the month it expires). Edit or Add Card if appropriate. Associate the name with the card.
- Click the Res Card tab and check to see if there is already an existing Res Card for your trip. If a Res Card does not exist, click Res Card icon on toolbar at top of profile and create a new Res Card. All reservations and invoices are kept inside the Res Card. One Res Card per trip.
- In new Res Card, choose appropriate Reservation Cycle (always use drop-downs if available), enter a meaningful Trip Name (used to find Res Card in profile or Res Card Manager), enter Region/Destination for marketing, and select applicable Passenger Names. If you have a traveler that is not usually part of the Client Profile, but part of this trip, you can add them or search for them in your database.
No need to fill in Trip Start Date or Trip End Date as these will be filled in automatically when you enter reservations. (Put any details about trip in the Agent Remarks. This has unlimited text capabilities. No need to write details about trip on your yellow pad or in a folder on your desk.) Click Apply to continue.
- From Reservation tab, add reservation to enter reservation details.
- Enter confirmation # (or record locator #), the base fare, total taxes and commissions. Note that the client’s total will equal the Base+Taxes, so in the example, the trip total is $1500.00. If you used the Charge As per person, CB times the number you enter here by the number of passengers and auto changes the total.
- In the Service Provider area, enter the Trip Start Date/End Date along with any additional details. Click OK to save. (If this vendor is arranging more than one Service Provider for this reservation; i.e., cruise, insurance, tour, etc., the details may be individually added by inserting each in the Service Provider area. The pricing you entered applied to everything in this reservation. Pricing Itemization will be covered in Res Card 2 class.)
- From main screen, continue entering reservations for each new vendor. Every time there is a new vendor, there is a new reservation.
- Apply to save all Res Card changes. Click the Generate Invoice icon on toolbar at top of screen to record a payment and issue invoice.
- OPTIONAL ITEMIZATION: For manual invoicing only, enter confirmation #, and click Itemize. Choose the first thing you want to itemize on your invoice from the drop-down. (You must choose in the order you want it to appear on invoice.) You do not need to put Travel Category or Traveler Name, but watch the QTY. Anything you put in the Qty will times the base or tax you put in by that number entered in that Qty field. When you are done, press Insert. Click New to enter the next line. If you want a remark to print under the Description, type the remark and check print on invoice. Make sure the pricing is correct below before clicking OK to save. If you want to modify an entry, click it down below first, bring to top, and edit the entry. UPDATE.
- Click Remarks and select the desired canned remarks which print at the bottom of the invoice. Enter a Trip Balance Due Date if applicable. Select Form of Payment (multiple forms of payments will be covered in the Res
Card 2 class). In the This Invoice area, enter the actual dollar amount paid at this time and the correct Travel Type and Submit To. On a credit card sale, if the Submit to is CommTrack and the booking is actually being paid (as opposed to a hotel guarantee), then make sure the Showed as Paid box is checked. Repeat process for each reservation being invoiced at this time. (Each reservation needs its own Travel Type & Submit To.) Preview.
- If the amounts or other information doesn't look correct in preview, Cancel,, return to reservation and correct. Otherwise click Generate Invoice to issue the invoice. At this time, the invoice may be printed or e-mailed from this screen. The invoice is now permanently available in the Invoices tab of the Res Card for reprint/e-mail at any time.
- Email or print invoice from the generate invoice screen. Many agencies attach the itinerary they received from the vendor to this email or you can forward in a separate email.
- Important! Go back into the client Profile/Marketing Tab and make sure to check off any marketing codes you learned when doing the invoice.