One of the most innovative features in ClientBase Online is Live Connect which is found in the Res Card. Save time and improve efficiency by transmitting selected client information to a booking engine on-line. Then electronically transmit back reservation details and automatically complete the reservation form with what’s been booked! Print out client quotes or itineraries, generate invoices and trip statements.
Now that you have been introduced to the ClientBase Online Res Card to manage the sales process, and learned how to manually create a Reservation, it’s time to learn how to save yourself valuable time and increase efficiency by using Live Connect. In this fourth packet, Using Live Connect, you are learning to master the following skills:
- Where to find valuable Live Connect resources
- How to move profile information from ClientBase Online into a Live Connect provider’s website
- How to comparison shop using Live Connect
- How to import a reservation from a Live Connect provider’s website into ClientBase Online
- How to access your Reservation after import
For visual learners: Watch the recordings listed below.
For text learners: Open the attachment to read the training content. The attachment is a PDF document located under the Related Links at the bottom of this article.
For both learners: It's important to practice what you learn! Once you have watched the recordings and/or read the attached document, move down this page to the practice exercises, additional recourses and skill enhancements.
Recordings to watch:
- Using Live Connect to Book Travel (18 minutes)
- Importing a Reservation using Live Connect (7 minutes)
Getting Familiar with Live Connect Resources:
- Go to https://www.trestechnologies.com/trams-and-clientbase/live-connect-documentation/
- Click the link to view a list of the Live Connect Providers.
- Click the link to view, print or save the Live Connect Provider Feature List.
- Click the link to view the CBO Live Connect Integration YouTube video library.
Launch Live Connect from the Res Card level and practice connecting to 4 additional websites.
If possible, book a trip that you are able to cancel and import the reservation into ClientBase.
Launch Live Connect from the Reservation level. If possible, book a trip that you are able to cancel
and import the reservation into ClientBase.
Import an existing reservation.
Live Connect Additional Resources
Here is a list of additional resources available from Trams Products and Services to help you and your agency learn Live Connect Skills:
- From ClientBase Online, click Help > Contents
- Review the chapter: An in-Depth Look at Live Connect
Live Connect Skills Enhancement
As you become more comfortable using Live Connect, you will want to practice the following. Information on these items can be found in the Help Files.
· What are Service Providers? Differences between Service Providers and Vendors.
· How to use Client Quote Proposals.
· How to generate an Invoice.
· Using Itemized Pricing.
· Use of Itin/Invoice Remarks.