Now that you have been introduced to the ClientBase Online Res Card to manage the sales process, it’s time to expand the use of the Res Card for tracking the reservation details once a booking is made, and to use Batched Reminders to manage the trip planning process. In this fifth packet, Enhanced Res Cards Skills, you will be learning to master the following skills:
- How to find Res Cards they have created
- Moving between Reminders and the Res Card
- Retrieving Res Cards from the Client Profile
- Review General Info Section
- Auto-fill fields: Create Date, Agent, Status
- How to change Reservation Cycle to Booked
- Bill To and Ship To Addresses
- Key Additional Fields in Res Card
- Regions and Destinations
- Passenger Name – Insert from Profile, and add other travelers
- How to Create New Reservation and input Vendor, trip pricing, and trip dates
- How to use Batched Reminders
For visual learners: Watch the recordings listed below.
For text learners: Open the attachment to read the training content. The attachment is a PDF document located under the Related Links at the bottom of this article.
For both learners: It's important to practice what you learn! Once you have watched the recordings and/or read the attached document, move down this page to the practice exercises, additional resources and skill enhancements.
Recordings to watch:
- Copy or Paste a Res Card or Reservation (11 minutes)
- Using Itemization in a Reservation (20 minutes)
- Lind & Unlink Travelers in a Res Card (12 minutes)
Use your own Agent profile to create a new Res Card, fill in the key fields, enter travelers, and create a reservation with vendor, trip pricing, and trip dates. Click batched reminders to create all pertinent reminders at the same time. Apply changes and in the Activity Tab, click Refresh to see your new reminders.
Use a real booking and enter basic data.
There’s a new client on the phone interested in a Bermuda Cruise. Create a new Profile and a Trip Inquiry Follow-up reminder. Now you are calling him from your To-Do list in the Activity Manager. Enter the Res Card from the Reminder, change the Res Cycle, fill in all other suggested fields, and create a reservation with trip dates, vendor and pricing. Click batched reminders to create all pertinent reminders at the same time. Apply changes, and in the Activity Tab, click Refresh to see your new reminders.
Enhanced Res Card Skills Additional Resources
Here is a list of additional resources available from Trams Products and Services to help you learn Enhanced Res Cards Skills:
- From the ClientBase program, select Help > Contents to open the Help Files.
- Read an In-Depth Look at Res Cards
Res Cards Skills Enhancement
As you become more comfortable in entering Res Card information, you will want to practice the following.
- What are Service Providers? Differences between Service Providers and Vendors.
- Practice capturing reservation details manually, using Live Connect, using PNR Import, or using Inventory.
- How to use Client Quote Proposals.
- How to generate an Invoice.
- Using Itemized Pricing.
- Use of Itin/Invoice Remarks.