Wouldn’t it be great if your agents had a simple way of tracking each new trip inquiry that came into the agency and a systematic approach to following up to close the sale? Managers could actually see how many inquiries came in on a given day or week, and see the sales follow-up status. Agents would close more sales. With ClientBase Online Res Card and Reminder features, these tools are now at your fingertips. In this third packet, Getting Started with Reminders & Res Cards, you are learning to master the following skills:
- How to create Reminders in conjunction with Res Card. Whenever a customer makes a trip inquiry, an agent should:
- Update/Create Profile & Create Res Card
- Agent Name Required; Active Status is default
- Set Reservation Cycle to Under Consideration or Lead
- Give trip a name & identify region and destination
- How to create Reminder in Activity tab of Res Card to follow-up on sale:
- Create Reminder
- Set a follow-up date
- Use subject, Trip Inquiry Follow-up from drop-down menu (or the option created for your agency).
- Use the alarm (optional)
- How to create a personal folder within the Activity Manager. This saved query defaults upon opening the Activity Manager for the agent’s daily Reminders.
- How to work off a To-Do List and close Reminders with either a reschedule or using Completed
For visual learners: Watch the recordings listed below.
For text learners: Open the attachment to read the training content. The attachment is a PDF document located under the Related Links at the bottom of this article.
For both learners: It's important to practice what you learn! Once you have watched the recordings and/or read the attached document, move down this page to the practice exercises, additional resources and skill enhancements.
Recordings to watch:
- Creating a Res Card and Reservation (17 minutes)
- Service Providers in a Reservation (20 minutes)
- Creating a Basic Invoice (12 minutes)
- Create a Single Reminder (10 minutes)
- Using Batched Reminders (11 minutes)
- Read: Basic Invoicing in ClientBase Online
Use your own Agent profile to create a new Res Card, fill in the suggested fields, and create a Reminder to follow-up next week. Set an alarm. Click on the saved folder in the Activity Manager, Open Reminders Only to see this new Reminder.
There’s a new client on the phone interested in a Bermuda Cruise. Create a new Profile, a new Res Card, fill in the suggested fields, and create a Reminder to follow-up next week. Set an alarm. Click on your saved folder in the Activity Manager, Open Reminders Only to see this new Reminder. Then Delete the profile if needed.
Getting Started with Res Cards and Reminders Additional Resources
Here is a list of additional resources available from Trams Products and Services to help you learn basic profile skills:
- From ClientBase program, click Help Files > Contents to open the Help Files.
- Read the chapter: An In-Depth Look at Res Cards
- Read the chapter: Using the Res Card manager to Manage Your Res Cards
- Read the chapter: An In-Depth Look at Activities
- Read the chapter: Using the Activity Manager to Manage Your Activities
Getting Started with Res Cards and Reminders Skills Enhancement
As you become more comfortable in creating and using Res Cards, Reservations basic Reminders, you will want to practice the following. Information on these items can be found in the Help Files.
- How to create Notes
- Other Reminder uses
- How to add other types of Reminders