Export information from ClientBase Windows to Excel using 'Merge To' from the menu items.
Use the results of a Query to Merge to File. This enables you to create an ASCII delimited or text (.txt) file or a Comma Separated Values (.csv) file which can saved to a computer. This is particularly useful for agencies who use mailing houses for bulk mail or need to send their computer lists to consortia for special mailings.
Using the Merge to File Feature
1) The first step in using the Merge to File feature is to search in the Profile, Activity, or Res Card Manager to find the list of records to be included in the export.
2) Designate the fields to include within the file for each record in your results. The fields to include are based upon the current columns displayed within your Query results. To change the fields to include, use Select Columns to add or remove the fields within columns as desired.
3) Designate the sort order to include within the file for each record. This sorting within the export is determined by the current sorting of the current Query results. To change the sorting, use Sort by Columns to setup to three levels of sorting criteria.
4) Click Merge To > File on the file menu items. A dialog box appears prompting you for the following information:
File Name: Click the three dots next to the File Name field and select to which folder you want the file exported, and give it a file name. The default file extension is .txt. Change the file extension to .csv.
Include Field Name: This is checked by default and determines whether field headers describing the fields of data in each record are included in the file.
ASCII File Type: If exporting the information as .csv, do not change the default selection.
5) Click Export to begin the export process.
Note: In order to use this feature, permission must be granted by the database administrator.