In many agencies client information is stored in many different locations. With ClientBase Windows, you now have a tool that centralizes all client data into a single location, and makes that information accessible to everyone via a client profile.
In this first packet, Learning Basic Profile Skills and Marketing Codes, you are learning to master the following Profile skills:
- How to begin doing Level 1 Lookup (Query).
- Create a new profile and complete key profile fields
- Update existing profiles.
- Update client profiles with Marketing Codes that reflect travel interests
- Profile Marketing Tab Screen
- Scroll up and down
- Add/Delete Codes
- Use Summary Marketing Code Tree
- Use Marketing Codes to qualify clients
- How to run client surveys and collect information about your clients
For visual learners: Watch the recordings listed below.
For reading learners: Open the attachment to read the training content. The attachment is a PDF document located under the Related Links at the bottom of this article.
For both learners: It's important to practice what you learn! Once you have watched the recordings and/or read the attached document, move down this page to the practice exercises, checking progress and skill enhancements.
Recordings to watch:
- ClientBase Windows Overview (23 minutes) (If you have not watched it already)
- Basic Profiles (4 minutes)
- Marketing Codes (3 minutes)
- After you watch the recordings, move down to "Let's Practice" to practice what you have learned!
Exercise #1: Clean up your top 50 customer profiles! (If none exist, see Exercise #2).
- Clean up your top 50 client profiles making sure they have proper addresses, e-mails and other items taught to you in Learning Basic Profiles. Use your client list, make some phone calls, or use other resources to update these profiles for you and your agency’s marketing program.
Exercise #2: Create Your Top 20 Profiles if None Exist in ClientBase Windows
- If no profiles exist in ClientBase Windows, create new profiles for your top 20 customers, and fill out the fields you learned about in this lesson.
Exercise #3: Update Marketing Codes
- Query your own Agent Profile, and mark yourself as a married couple, deluxe cruiser who likes to ski, and cruise.
- Now query your profile back up and uncheck ski, and check scuba diving. Watch what happens on the left side of your screen!
- Now query your profile and add/delete any Marketing Codes that really do pertain to you and your family.
- Print out a client survey on the screen for yourself. Notice what this looks like for what you’ve selected.
Learning Basic Profile Skills - Check Progress -
Inspect What You Expect!
After the agents master basic profile skills, use reports to monitor their progress. Review and discuss results with the agent as soon as possible:
- Query daily for previous day’s newly created profiles.
- Go to Reports > Profile Reports > Statistics > User Stats to run report showing profiles created and modified with a total number of updates by User.
- Query daily for previous day’s newly updated profiles
- Go to Reports > Profile Reports > Statistics > Completed Fields to run report showing per user which fields were completed with percentages.
- Publish User Stats daily for all to view (for agent accountability).
- Review profile skills with those agents who need help.
- Randomly select an agent to sit with and observe their usage of creating or updating Profiles and Marketing Codes.
Sample User Stats Report on Profiles Updated Yesterday:
Sample Completed Fields Report on Profiles Updated Yesterday:
Learning Basic Profile Skills Additional Resources
Here is a list of additional resources available from Trams and ClientBase Products and Services to help you learn basic profile skills:
- From the ClientBase Windows program, click Help > Contents to open the Help Files.
- Read the chapter: An In-Depth Look at Client Profiles
- Read the chapter: Using the Profile Manager to Manage Your Profiles
- Read the chapter: Putting Profiles to Work for You
- Read the chapter: In-Depth Look at Profiles > Detailed Review of Folders > Marketing Tab section.
- Additional Recordings:
Learning Basic Profile Skills Enhancement
As you become more comfortable in entering basic profile information, you will want to practice the following additional skills. Information on these items can be found by going to Help > Contents in ClientBase Windows.
- Enter a Second Addresses
- Enter Bill To/Ship To/Additional Addresses
- Enter different communication entries and link to specific traveler names
- Enter Special Dates
- How to associate cards with specific traveler names
- How to use Referred by field
- How to enter additional information for Travelers:
- Communication Entries
- Traveler Preferences
- How to enter basic information to Marketing Tab
- Use Global Modify to add marketing codes to multiple clients
- Note: You need a Manager authorization or Full Access security level to use Global Modify
Global Modify Examples:
- In Level 2 Travel History Query, query profiles of clients who have traveled with a travel category of Cruise, and use Utilities > Global Modify the Marketing Codes with Cruise in those profiles.
- In Level 2 Travel History Query, query profiles of clients who have traveled with a particular vendor, such as Crystal Cruises, and globally modify the Marketing Codes with Deluxe in those profiles.
- In Level 2 Group Query, query profiles of clients who have traveled in a particular group and globally modify the Marketing Codes in those profiles to reflect interests of that group. A ski group would all have skiing as a marketing code.