Wouldn’t it be great if your agents had a simple way of tracking each new trip inquiry that came into the agency, and a systematic approach to following up to close the sale? Managers could actually see how many inquiries came in on a given day or week, and see the sales follow-up status. Agents would close more sales. With ClientBase Windows Res Card and Reminder features, these tools are now at your fingertips. In this third packet, Getting Started with Reminders & Res Cards, you are learning to master the following skills:
- How to create Reminders in conjunction with Res Card. Whenever a customer makes a trip inquiry, an agent should:
- Update/Create Profile & Create Res Card
- Agent Name Required; Active Status is default
- Set Reservation Cycle to Under Consideration or Lead
- Give trip a name & identify region and destination
- Apply to save and stay in the Res Card
- How to create Reminder in Activity tab of Res Card to follow-up on sale:
- Create Reminder
- Set a follow-up date
- Use subject, Trip Inquiry Follow-up from drop-down menu (or the option created for your agency).
- Use the alarm (optional)
- How to create a personal folder within the Activity Manager. This saved query defaults upon opening the Activity Manager for the agent’s daily Reminders.
- How to work off a To-Do List and close Reminders with either a reschedule or using Completed
For visual learners: Watch the recordings listed below.
For reading learners: Open the attachment to read the training content. The attachment is a PDF document located under the Related Links at the bottom of this article.
For both learners: It's important to practice what you learn! Once you have watched the recordings and/or read the attached document, move down this page to the practice exercises, checking progress and skill enhancements.
Recordings to watch:
- Creating a Res Card and Reservation (11 minutes)
- Generate a Basic Invoice (14 minutes)
- Adding Service Providers (8 minutes)
- Creating Reminders in a Profile and Res Card (11 minutes)
- Creating and Using Batched Reminders (11 minutes)
- Query Reminders in the Activity Manager (7 minutes)
- After you watch the recordings, move down to "Let's Practice" to practice what you have learned!
Use your own Agent profile to create a new Res Card, fill in the suggested fields, and create a Reminder to follow-up next week. Set an alarm. Click on the saved folder in the Activity Manager, Open Reminders Only to see this new Reminder.
There’s a new client on the phone interested in a Bermuda Cruise. Create a new Profile, a new Res Card, fill in the suggested fields, and create a Reminder to follow-up next week. Set an alarm. Click on your saved folder in the Activity Manager, Open Reminders Only to see this new Reminder. Then Delete the profile if needed.
Check Progress for Getting Started with Res Cards and Reminders - Inspect What You Expect!
After the agents have learned basic creation and use of Reminders and Res Cards, use reports to monitor their progress to review and discuss results as soon as possible:
- From the Activity Manager, select Level 2 (query) > Filter (located on the right hand side). Select ‘Reminders’, put in any dates you desire in the Activity Date to run a report (last 2 days, last week, etc.) and select Subject “Trip Inquiry Follow-Up”.
- Run Agent Statistics Report to check agents’ progress (see sample below): Go to Reports > Activity Reports > Statistics > User Stats to run report showing per agent what New Trip Inquiries were created yesterday.
- Publish User Stats daily for all to view (for agent accountability).
- Review skills with those agents who need help.
- Randomly select an agent to sit with and observe usage.
- After Agents have learned Packet 5 (Enhanced Res Cards), you can see how many Trip Inquiry Reminders turned into actual bookings. From the Activity Manager, select Level 2 (query) > Filter (located on the right hand side). Select ‘Reminders’. From the drop down, select ‘Completed/Responded’. Enter any dates you desire in the Activity Date to run a report (last 2 days, last week, etc.) and select Subject “Trip Inquiry Follow-Up”. Jump into the Res Card from the Reminder, and see if the Reservation Cycle has been changed to Booked.
Getting Started with Res Cards and Reminders Additional Resources
Here is a list of additional resources available from Trams Products and Services to help you learn basic profile skills:
- From the ClientBase Windows program, click Help Files > Contents to open the Help Files.
- Read the chapter: An In-Depth Look at Res Cards
- Read the chapter: Using the Res Card manager to Manage Your Res Cards
- Read the chapter: An In-Depth Look at Activities
- Read the chapter: Using the Activity Manager to Manage Your Activities
Getting Started with Res Cards and Reminders Skills Enhancement
As you become more comfortable in creating and using basic Reminders, you will want to practice the following. Information on these items can be found in the Help Files.
- How to create Notes
- Other Reminder uses
- How to add other types of Reminders
- How to use At-A-Glance