Now that you have been introduced to the ClientBase Windows Res Card to manage the sales process, it’s time to expand the use of the Res Card for tracking the reservation details once a booking is made, and to use Batched Reminders to manage the trip planning process. In this fifth packet, Enhanced Res Cards Skills, you are learning to master the following skills:
- How to find Res Cards they have created
- Moving between Reminders and the Res Card
- Retrieving Res Cards from the Client Profile
- Review General Info Section
- Auto-fill fields: Create Date, Agent, Status
- How to change Reservation Cycle to Booked
- Bill To and Ship To Addresses
- Key Additional Fields in Res Card
- Regions and Destinations
- Passenger Name – Insert from Profile, and add other travelers
- How to Create New Reservation and input Vendor, trip pricing, and trip dates
- How to use Batched Reminders
For visual learners: Watch the recordings listed below.
For text learners: Open the attachment to read the training content. The attachment is a PDF document located under the Related Links at the bottom of this article.
For both learners: It's important to practice what you learn! Once you have watched the recordings and/or read the attached document, move down this page to the practice exercises, additional recourses and skill enhancements.
Recordings to watch (if needed):
- Creating a Res Card and Reservation (14 minutes)
- Adding Service Providers (8 minutes)
- Creating Reminders in a Profile and Res Card (11 minutes)
- Creating and Using Batched Reminders (11 minutes)
Use your own Agent profile to create a new Res Card, fill in the key fields, enter travelers, and create a reservation with vendor, trip pricing, and trip dates. Click batched reminders to create all pertinent reminders at the same time. Apply changes and in the Activity Tab, click Refresh to see your new reminders.
Use a real booking and enter basic data.
There’s a new client on the phone interested in a Bermuda Cruise. Create a new Profile and a Trip Inquiry Follow-up reminder. Now you are calling him from your To-Do list in the Activity Manager. Enter the Res Card from the Reminder, change the Res Cycle, fill in all other suggested fields, and create a reservation with trip dates, vendor and pricing. Click batched reminders to create all pertinent reminders at the same time. Apply changes, and in the Activity Tab, click Refresh to see your new reminders.
Check Progress - Res Cards Skills - Inspect what you expect!
After you have taught agents Res Card skills, use reports to monitor their progress to review and discuss results as soon as possible:
- In Level 1 Res Card Query, choose Reservation Cycle from drop-down menu, and select Check Res Card fields for accuracy.
- Were Travelers entered? Other fields you taught?
- Were vendor, trip pricing, and trip dates complete?
- Were Batched Reminders set up?
- Query for all Active Res Cards:
- Using Level 1 Query choose Status from drop down menu and choose Active, and choose Agent Name and leave blank.
- Go to Reports > Res Card Reports > Reservation Cycle Report and sort by Agent to run report showing what res card cycle per Agent each Res Card is in (see back).
- Publish User Stats daily for all to view (for agent accountability).
- Review Res Card skills with those agents who need help.
- Randomly select an agent to sit with and observe usage.
Sample Reservation Cycle Report Sorted by Agent Sorted by Agent on Active Res Cards:
Enhanced Res Card Skills Additional Resources
Here is a list of additional resources available from Trams Products and Services to help you learn Enhanced Res Cards Skills:
- From the ClientBase Windows program, select Help > Contents to open the Help Files.
- Read an In-Depth Look at Res Cards
Res Cards Skills Enhancement
As you become more comfortable in entering Res Card information, you will want to practice the following.
- What are Service Providers? Differences between Service Providers and Vendors.
- Practice capturing reservation details manually, using Live Connect, using PNR Import, or using Inventory.
- How to use Client Quote Proposals.
- How to generate an Invoice.
- Using Itemized Pricing.
- Use of Itin/Invoice Remarks.
Recordings to watch:
- Create Res Card Remarks (11 minutes)
- Itemized Pricing (12 minutes)
- Copy and Paste Res Cards and Reservations (8 minutes)
- Full Refund from a Res Card (5 minutes)
- Refund with Price Change (7 minutes)
- Refund with Agency Fee (7 minutes)
- Refund with Vendor Fee (4 minutes)